Hormone Injection Process and Procedure
The proper procedures involved with injecting Testosterone and HGH Growth Hormone should be considered an important topic to anyone who self-administers these drugs.
Administration aspects that should be clearly understood include:
1) The proper site for injection.
2) The kind of syringe to use.
3) How the solution should be prepared, as well as the most prudent sanitary procedure.
Failure to adhere to proper injection guidelines may be hazardous.
Call AAG Health at (866) 312-1265 if you have any questions regarding the process of administering hormone medications or drugs including those used for testosterone therapy, HCG and human growth hormone therapy.
Below we outline the steps to preparing for and administering hormone medication injections. A visual step-by-step guide appears below the outline.
» TESTOSTERONE INJECTIONS: Oil based testosterone should be taken intramuscularly. This means that the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter deep into the muscle itself.
Accepatable site for INTRAMUSCULAR injections with TESTOSTEORNE is in the Buttock – Latteral Upper Quandrant in the Major Gluteal Muscle.
» HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE: Water-based HGH should be taken subcutaneously. This means that the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter just below the skin into the fat.
Acceptable site for SUBCUTANIOUS injections with HGH is the Visceral Fat around the waste line.
INJECTION PROCEDURE (see visual guide below for HGH Injections):
» Oil-Based Testosterone injections are done with:
a 3mL/cc – 21, 22 or 23 gauge intramuscular needle (1.5 inch long)
» HGH injections should be given with:
a smaller and shorter 1mL/cc – 29 gauge needle (5/16 or 1/2 inch long)
What to look for before injecting hormone medication:
1) Expiry dates
– Check the expiry dates of every hormone product.
2) Hormone Medication to Inject
– Make sure that the vial or ampoule contains the right drug in the right strength.
– During the whole preparation procedure, material should be kept sterile.
– Wash your hands before starting to prepare the injection.
– Disinfect the skin over the injection site.
4) Bubbles / Air Pockets
– Make sure that there are no air bubbles left in the syringe.
5) Needle Safety
– Once the protective cover of the needle is removed extra care is needed.
– Do not touch anything with the unprotected needle.
– Once the injection has been given take care not to prick yourself or somebody else.
6) Medical Waste
– Make sure that contaminated waste is disposed of safely in a sharps container.
7) Materials needed for hormone injections
a. Vial with required liquid or solution
b. Syringe of the appropriate size
c. Needles of right size (IM or SC) / correct guage
d. Alcohol swabs for disinfection
HOW TO INJECT:
1) Wash your hands well with soap and dry with a clean cloth.
2) Uncover the area to be injected (lateral upper quadrant major gluteal muscle for testosterone, visceral fat around waistline for HGH).
3) Disinfect the skin well. Use alcohol swabs.
4) Relax the muscle.
5) Insert the needle swiftly. Place tip of needle on injection site and just push. Do not “dart” or “stab” needle in.
6) Inject slowly and ensure all contents have been injected. Make sure you keep a steady hand. The needle/syringe should be straight.
7) Withdraw needle swiftly. Make sure you keep a steady hand. The needle/syringe should be withdrawn straight.
8) Press sterile cotton wool or alcohol swab onto the opening. Fix BandAid if necessary.
9) Check yourself to make sure iijnection site is not bleeding.
10) Clean up; dispose of waste safely. Wash your hands well.
Call AAG Health at (866) 312-1265 with your hormone medication injection questions.
The HGH Injection Process
Growth Hormone Injection Administration Process:
Note: Administration of Growth Hormone is the example in this illustration, and the HGH injection process can be applied to several types of Human Growth Hormone for injection. Always follow package inserts included with medication prior to application.